Each family (TK-8), in addition to tuition, is required to volunteer time and talent to St. Augustine School. There are numerous opportunities to do so throughout the year including, but not limited to, being a teacher or library aide, working a fundraiser or athletic event, or serving on the board of the Parent/Teacher Club, Athletic Association, or School Advisory Committee.
The objectives of the service credit program are:
1. To involve all parents/guardians of the students in the support and enrichment of the school's education and extra-curricular activities
2. To help maintain and improve quality educational programs and facilities at St. Augustine School Through volunteerism and successful fundraising activities.
1. All school families are required to earn twenty-three service hours as follows:
2. any adult member (16 years or older) of the family is eligible to participate in fulfilling the service hour requirements
3. The administrator may find it necessary to change and/or cancel any listed fundraising or school event. New events may also be added.
4. I lieu of volunteering to earn service credits, a family can elect to pay $25.00 per unworked service credit hour
5. Event chairpersons will record the service credit hours of the event volunteers. However, it is the responsibility of the family to sign in and out so that proper credit is given.
6. Parents of children who participate in the school athletic program have an additional service credit commitment to the athletic association and sports program.
Event Committee Responsibilities
Committee Members / Volunteers
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the service program, please contact the office at (586) 727-9365.